17.07.2023 • Просмотров:
An overview of current news in the crypto space
In our digest, we took a look at some important crypto industry news over the past week:
- Lightning Labs has developed a plugin for ChatGPT that allows payments to be sent in Bitcoin
- Russia passed a law on the digital ruble
- Major cryptocurrency exchanges resume listing of XRP token after favorable court ruling in SEC case against Ripple
- UK regulator closes 26 cryptocurrency ATMs for illegally offering cryptocurrencies
- Number of cryptocurrency developers up 92% in three years
Now for more details. Reading time: 7 minutes.
- Lightning Labs has developed a plugin that allows the ChatGPT artificial intelligence language model to send and receive Bitcoin payments on the Lightning Network. This innovation aims to bring artificial intelligence technology closer to the world of cryptocurrencies. The plugin provides a convenient payment mechanism for ChatGPT that allows developers and users to utilize the cryptocurrency without any restrictions. In addition, Lightning Labs introduced a set of developer tools that allow GPT-like artificial intelligence models to conduct bitcoin transactions on the Lightning Network. The move is aimed at empowering artificial intelligence models and bringing AI technology closer to the world of cryptocurrencies. The company is expanding access to open models through a payment system connected to a global set of open APIs, paving the way for new innovations and opportunities. The integration of bitcoin payments into ChatGPT opens up new opportunities for users and artificial intelligence developers, making the technology even more accessible and functional. This is another step forward in combining the world of artificial intelligence and cryptocurrencies, leading to new innovations and opportunities.
- The State Duma has adopted in the second and third readings a law creating the basis for the introduction of the digital ruble and the implementation of cashless settlements using the digital ruble. At the end of 2022, we wrote about the conclusions that can be drawn from the bill.
The meeting approved concepts such as:
“digital ruble platform”, “digital ruble platform rules”, “digital ruble platform participant”, “digital ruble platform user” and “digital account (wallet)”.
The document was initiated by a group of deputies headed by Anatoly Aksakov, chairman of the Financial Market Committee.
The bill provides that the Central Bank will become the operator of the digital ruble platform. It will be responsible for the organization and functioning of the platform, as well as for the safety of digital rubles and the correctness of accounting information on transactions with them. The law also establishes requirements for working with the digital ruble platform, the procedure for opening and closing a digital account, access to the platform and conducting currency transactions. It is expected that Russians will be able to use digital rubles by 2025-2027, but for this they will need to start an electronic wallet. The document will come into force on August 1, 2023, except for provisions that will be enacted at other times.
- Despite the fact that the SEC filed a lawsuit against Ripple Labs in late 2020, major cryptocurrency exchanges announced the re-listing of the XRP token. This is due to the positive outcome of the litigation between the SEC and Ripple Labs, which took place on July 13. Coinbase, Kraken, Gemini, Binance.US and Bitstamp have already expressed their intention to re-list XRP for US users. The cryptocurrency exchanges will not only resume trading the token, but will also allow users to deposit it on the platform. Some of them, such as Kraken, have already done so. The rate of XRP continues to grow, the price jumped by more than 67% over the day, and the capitalization almost doubled – from $24.8 billion to $43 billion. While the status of the token is not finally determined, but this outcome of the legal process gave hope for its positive resolution and returned confidence in this asset among investors.
- A UK regulator has shut down 26 crypto ATMs across the country that were providing illegal cryptocurrency exchange services. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has warned consumers that their money could be stolen if they use these illegal cryptocurrency ATMs. The organization has investigated 34 locations since the beginning of the year where the alleged illegal crypto machines were located and suspended 26 exchanges. It is worth noting that none of the more than 40 registered cryptocurrency companies in the UK are licensed to provide ATM services. Representatives of the organization emphasize that consumers will not be protected if they use such machines and something goes wrong. As a result of the UK regulator’s bans, the number of bitcoin ATMs across the country has fallen by more than 88%, from 80 in March 2022 to 10 currently, according to Coin ATM Radar. Therefore, we recommend using our resources to trade cryptocurrency legally. At Peer to Peer exchanger – you can upload a check to be used as proof of transaction that you bought or sold cryptocurrency. We operate in all countries and help cryptocurrency holders to make safe transactions.
- The number of active cryptocurrency developers has grown 92% over the past three years, nearly double what it was previously. This is reported by the venture capital firm Electric Capital. Tracking the number of commits in the program code of projects on GitHub allowed us to establish that on June 1, 2021, the number of active developers reached 21.3 thousand people. This is 25% more than it was five months before the moment when bitcoin reached a record high above $69 thousand. Electric Capital analysts note that the majority of code commits are still made by programmers working in the field of cryptocurrencies for at least one year. However, novice specialists with experience of a year to two years also continue to actively participate in writing the code of crypto services. Last week, Sber opened up access to its own DeFi platform ComUnity to more developers, allowing them to create infrastructure for the issuance and circulation of digital assets. Also, we can note that more and more projects are appearing on the Decimal blockchain, as programmers with little experience can often understand the Decimal blockchain, due to the availability of communication with blockchain developers, available instructions and a large active community.
Thank you for being with us. Crypto-industry news on Bit.team – always up to date.